Are you one of those music listeners who would listen to a whole album by an artist and come across some great tracks that you thought should've been promoted as singles? it doesn't necessarily have to be random tracks from an album. it could be songs that made it to the radio top 40 but to you, they deserved to be #1 because of the creativity of the song or it could be songs made by an independent artist cause music isn't always enjoyable just because it comes from a major record label. That just means more money from tons of promotion and a lot of media exposure. I feel as though there are so many songs that exist that should've been exposed for the hard work put into them without the cost of promotion and the image of the artist overshadowing the genuine reason why that artist exist in the first place. Would you agree? As a heavy music listener, i love underrated records so much better than your everyday top 5 tracks cause you have the power to hear what you want on your MP3 player, instead of hearing what the common mainstream artist wants you to hear through radio promotion. To show how great underrated songs are, i posted one of my favorite one-hit wonder classics released in 1994, which is the reggae inspired ''Lucas With the Lid off'' by the artist Lucas. The video was also aired on MTV when the network was actually a music network. What's your favorite underrated song?
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I do agree with you that were are a lot of great songs not put out in the public on radio and that do not seem as popular even though a lot of the less popular songs are incredible. I also see that some songs that do make it on the radio just do not seem up to par with their other songs. For example, the Black Eyed Peas are supposidly back together and they made an album. Their first single came out which had a catchy beat, but honestly coming from that group it was not a very good song to make a "come back" as a group with. I expected something a lot more catchy and all around a really good song from them, and they did not provide that, but who knows the rest of their new album might be amazing.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you too. The fact that so much underrated music is out there makes me feel much better about finding music through alternative means and scrounging around on obscure music blogs to find gems that haven't had their proper exposure. It's pretty sad when you come across a track that is so hot, you know if the same radio stations and music charts that play the top of the chart hits played it out, everyone would go nuts. But at the same time, I sometimes feel good knowing that I'm one of a handful of people that actually value the music for more than what the artist's' label promoted it to be. Oh, by the way, I really like that new Black Eyed Peas single. I'm so sick of the same lazily produced 88bpm auto-tuned hook-ridden crap that everyone's throwing onto the scene these days. Mark my words, uptempo bangers are the future of popular music.
ReplyDeleteUnderrated music! Love! I especially like underground music or music from unsigned artists because they do it purely for the love of music and not money. I think alot of times, artists are pushed to write songs in a years time, which makes them rush to finish something and it turns out to not be their personal best. And then they have ghost writers so we could be hearing a song that the artist didn't even write. I always question how you can sing and bring feeling to a song that's not truly your own. One of my favorite unsigned bands is Dormlife! I know the lead singer and he's amazing! The music, even more amazing and he does it purely fo the love of music. It's the way to live!
ReplyDelete