How do you feel when a ballad or melody you love all of a sudden becomes an uptempo dance craze? For me when i hear redone songs like "Pride", my ambition for recording songs gets higher and my curiosity increases as to how "good" songs are created. The 1991 techno track, "Pride" was recorded by the 90s dance production act, C+C Music Factory. For those who are familiar with the discography of the English rock band, U2, you'll notice that all of the lyrics in the dance track was used from U2's "Pride". As a fan of the 1990s house/techno phenomenon, i considered dance to be my first and only love of music i was exposed to from at least age 5 to 10 cause that was all i knew as kid coming up in the mid to late 1990s. Without the house/techno genre, i'll probably just be an actor and not a recording producer. Hope you enjoy "Pride".
Friday, March 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pride was really good! I actually have a huge spot for 80's 90's and house music! I love freestyle too, not rap freestyle, but like Stevie B, Ready for the World, Planet Rock, all that good stuff! So I feel like it's pretty similiar to a lot of the 90's techno. I will agree with you on one thing though. I do like hearing when songs are redone. I think it's a 50/50 situation, it's either really good, or a flop! It doesn't hurt to try it out right? I can't wait to see what other songs you put up here! Do you have a specific favorite song that was remade?
ReplyDeleteI really like this version of "Pride". It was really fun to listen to and I completely understand where you're coming from. I grew up with techno and house music and that greatly influences my tastes in some music. I find it really cool that you find inspiration from this genre of music because it's not done so much anymore. I can't wait to hear some of the stuff you put together in the future.
ReplyDeletedude u spit fun facts like jeopardy i love it...u have to teach me the music history u've taught urself cause its AMAZING...
ReplyDeleteThis is pretty dope. Seeing as how you're up on the house scene, I suggest you check out MSTRKRFT. They're a production team from Toronto that debuted their first album "The Looks" a couple years ago. It's disco and house blended into something completely new. Their new album "Fist of God" just leaked before its mid-March release and in my opinion, I see it as the future of dance music. It features guest vocalists E-40, Freeway, Lil' Mo, John Legend, N.O.R.E, and the legendary Ghostface Killah in a mix of uptempo hip hop and electro synths. Check it out.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.myspace.com/mstrkrft