Another song that was been added to my inspiring discography, is ''Better Off Alone'' by the Dutch electronic music group, Alice Deejay. Mixed with a combination of dance-pop, & eurodance , this song shot it way to the top 5 spot in 2001. With a little help from the 80s British duo, the Eurythmics, Alice Deejay was allowed to sample the bands's lyric, ''Talk To Me'' from their 1984 hit, ''Here Comes the Rain'', making ''Better Off Alone'' a yearly anthem for upcoming DJ's like me.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Darnell,
ReplyDeleteI like that your blog is interactive and includes samples of music you enjoy. I really want to know more about how your interest developed or why you decided to make music in the first place.
Keep at it,
Kristin
Darnell love,
ReplyDeleteWow i had no idea that you wanted to be a DJ..I LOVE that song!! It has an empowerment to it. Ok so on this topic i can totally relate because i love euro style music! because the combo with the lyrics and fun beats are awsome. Have you ever tried to make your own music or have any samples?? I would love to hear them if you did. I have a few songs for you to check out i think you could appreciate them they are all DJ made euro songs...This time (Dj Antoine)..sexual (Amber/afterlife)..It feels so good (sonique).. I see right through to you(engelina/dj encore)I feel wonderful (jan johnston/cosmic gate) Silence (delerium/sarah machlachlyn)...well i hope you enjoy them and i really hope you get out there and make music so that i can have some new music to listen to :-)...good luck and I wish you the best!!
Oh two more...Anthem ( filo and eric lumiere) ..and damn i forgot the otherone lol
ReplyDelete